Help there’s a hole in my nose!

Home » Facial Plastic Surgery Blog » Help there’s a hole in my nose!

Well, if you just found out you have a hole in your septum, the first thing to do is find a physician that can properly work up the hole.

Specifically you are looking for an Otolaryngologist – Head & Neck Surgeon. These physicians are most commonly known known as an Ear Nose & Throat (E.N.T.) physician.

A detailed history of how it happened is required. Occasionally lab work and a biopsy might be needed.

Once the cause is known, the next step is treatment.

An Ear Nose & Throat surgeon can help control your symptoms, like excessive crusting and nose bleeds.

However, when it comes down to a specific treatment, a Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon is the type of physician that treats septal perforations.

A Facial Plastic Surgeon is actually an Ear Nose & Throat Surgeon, with extra fellowship training in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck.

Your Facial Plastic Surgeon will evaluate the size and location of the perforation to determine whether it should be treated medically, with topical hydration and septal buttons, or with reconstructive surgery to close the perforation.

If you have any other questions, email us at, or call at 609-403-8840.