In summary: There are many options when it comes to financing plastic surgery. Find out which finance choice is right for your specific plastic surgery procedure.
A. We have a lot of options for payment for your surgery!
First when it comes to costs of surgery, there are 3 groups of fees to consider:
- Surgery fees.
- Hospital or facility fees.
- Anesthesia fees
If there are implants being placed I typically will place those fees on a separate header, although many times they are provided by the facility.
If insurance is being used, as is often the case for rhinoplasty to address the functional components of the nose like the septum or turbinates, then our office will get the preauthorization required for surgery. If we are out of network with your insurance we will try to work with you to find a solution, and will notify you ahead of time so that no problems arise after surgery.
Insurance will typically only cover the medically necessary aspects of all three groups of fees. For instance, if septoplasty, turbinate reductions and rhinoplasty are all being done together, insurance will only cover the septoplasty and turbinate reduction. Therefore they will only cover the Operating Room (OR) time required for those two procedures. The time required for rhinoplasty for the facility and anesthesia and surgery will not be covered by insurance. In our fee proposal worksheet, we will help you understand what you might be responsible for.
For the cosmetic portion most patients pay in one of three methods.
- The first is a bulk payment 1 week prior to surgery.
- If you are unable to use this first option, the second option is to use your credit card and pay installments to them. This will likely mean there is an interest associated with your payments.
- The third option which is very common now is the use of Care Credit®. This company will allow you to finance your surgery and make payments without interest for a significant amount of time, depending on which plan you choose.
B. There are support options that also exist for injectables like Botox® Dysport®, Juvederm® and Restylane®. The manufacturers of these products offer incentives that come in the form of reward dollars for your purchases. Every time you use their product, you will get a specified dollar amount off for your next purchase. You simply download their app, create an account and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Galderma – Aspire for Dysport, Restylane & Sculptra
- Allergan – Brilliant Distinctions for Botox & Juvederm